Usher's ex wife has hit back at speculation she married him for money.

Tameka Raymond insists she was able to support herself financially when she married the pop star and got hitched to the singer because she truly loved him.

During an interview with Entertainment tonight she said: ‘I kind of
just felt like it was time to clear a few things up. I have been very guarded and protected.’

The 41-year-old said: ‘If a woman who has lesser means - even if she is successful and hard-working and does her thing in her own right - marries someone, that's what they call "marrying up," I guess.’

‘I think this is the typical stereotype'
The celebrity stylist, whose clients included Lauryn Hill and Mary J. Blige, married Usher in 2007 when she was five months pregnant.
She continued: ‘Someone who has more means or more money, they're automatically a gold digger.

The woman is always the gold digger. It's kind of an insult to the men because it implies they're not lovable.’

The ex - who are parents to sons Usher V, four, and Naviyd, three - briefly stopped feuding over the summer when Kile, Tameka’s 11-year-old son from a previous relationship, was fatally struck in the head by a jet ski.
Usher has since been awarded custody of their two boys.

Tameka said the death of her son has spurred on her resolve to get her children back.

She said: ‘I'm still in shock. I think this will probably be the greatest pain I will ever experience, losing him. But, it gave me strength beyond measure and it made me determined to fight for my other [children].’

During the chat she shockingly admitted that she feels some sympathy for her bridesmaid who had an fling with the star.

She told host Nancy O’Dell about one of two rumoured infidelities: ‘He admitted to sleeping with one of the two. It was a very disappointing revelation. I had suspected it for some time.

‘I hate to say it, but I somewhat empathise with her. She fell into somewhat of a trap. I think that she got very close to him as a result of being my friend and I feel like he used it to his advantage.’

In an appeal to Usher, who recently won custody of their boys, she said: ‘Be a good example for your boys and make sure the things you do are from your heart and not someone else's.’

Meanwhile the Yeah singer has cited his commitments as a judge on the US version of The Voice as the reason behind moving dates of his European tour to autumn 2013.

He had been due to perform across the UK in January but a spokesperson for Usher said: ‘Due to professional and personal commitments Usher will have to reschedule his upcoming European tour dates. 

‘With the recently confirmed commitment to The Voice, to ensure that his fans world-wide are treated to the best possible concert experience, the entire tour will be rescheduled toautumn 2013 with dates in both North America and Europe scheduled to run concurrently at that time.’

New dates will be announced next year and Usher thanked his fans for understanding and said he ‘appreciated’ their support.

He said: ‘The feeling of euphoria that I get when performing for you is indescribable. I love each and every one of you and thank you for being there every step of the way. I truly appreciate and am grateful for your support.’

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

Give your comment.