Fenerbahce coach Ersun Yanal says his side will go all out for a win when they host Arsenal in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League play-off.

Yanal is determined for his side to get a healthy victory at the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium to ensure they have something to hold onto for the return leg in London next week.

The Turkish club will start the tie as outsiders but have the chance to pile more pressure on Arsenal and under-fire coach Arsene Wenger, who lost their English Premier League opener on Saturday, with a win in the first leg.
"We are trying to be the winner in everything we compete in," Yanal said.

"It's in our soul so whatever we do, we try to come first.
"In every game we are trying to win. In every organisation this is our motto."
The unknown for the Turkish side is even if they do manage to get past Arsenal, their place in the tournament still hinges on a full hearing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The club were found guilty of match-
fixing by UEFA and will find out on the morning of the second leg at the Emirates if their appeal against the ban is upheld.
Defender Bruno Alves says it's vital his team-mates only focus on what they can control on the pitch.
"More important than me is the team and that we work together to bring the victory for the team," Alves said.

"For myself I do my best and I try to defend my team and this is the most important thing the players can do for the club.
"I'm just a player trying to do my best for the team."

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

Give your comment.