Ukraine and Dynamo Kiev striker Andriy Shevchenko is hanging up his football boots to begin a career in politics.

"It is certain, Dynamo Kiev is now my former
club. This club, which I love with all my heart and I will always support," the former AC Milan and Chelsea forward told the Dynamo website.

"I want to fulfill myself in politics and share the experience I gained in Europe, to do something for my country," said Shevchenko, while visiting a children's summer school with Ukraine -- Forward! leader Nataliya Korolevska.

"I decided to join the team of Nataliya Korolevska because Ukraine -- Forward! is a party of the future, it is a party of young leaders.

"In politics, I plan to support the social sector and sport. After all, my main slogan is a healthy mind in a healthy body."

Shevchenko, who began and started his career with Dynamo Kiev, made his final appearance for the national team at Euro 2012, which Ukraine co-hosted with neighbours Poland

 Ahead of the October parliamentary election, the 35-year-old Shevchenko, who scored 48 goals in 111 caps for his country, is to join "Ukraine -- Forward!", a pro-business party, which was formed by politicians who were expelled by the main opposition coalition that used to be led by former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko.

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

Give your comment.